Monday, September 01, 2008

I 129F APPROVED!!

It’s Official! Our petition for the fiancée visa was approved today!!!! YEA!!!!!! You cant imagine two more ecited or happier people than the two of us when we got the news :) Our lives are all filled with highs and lows and we mark our journey through life by them. I can in all honesty say I have never been overcome by such joyful emotion as I was when I first got the news. And the timing really was coming at a point that some good news was needed. We both have struggeled trying to keep from getting down about it taking so long and so many hoops to jump through to just simply be together and share a love sent from heaven, as well as the worry with my mom being in the hospital ICU in serious but stable condition. 

Well I should start with getting the news. Both of us had signed up at the USCIS website to receive email updates about our case when any action was taken. Well there are only two instances of action in this particular petion, one is the receipt of it and the case pending, and the last one is the approval notice, we get NOTHING in between which only served to make us that more anxious waiting for word. Yesterday (I’m editing this a day after I made the post) was a busy day for both of us, with me working and then planning to go to the hospital after, and Alison at the time entertaining a friend for dinner at her house. With all the things going on with mom I have been keeping up with the family and friends by email a lot and have been in a habit of checking it on my phone a lot here lately. Well something told me to check it yesterday, one of those feeligs we get, and to be truthful I just thought it was someone wanting to know about mom or something like that. Well I knew alison was busy , but she still sends some kisses right often too :)

Anyway being in the state I was I was sort of in one of those worried states and when i saw the name “CRIS” whch i recognized from signing up at the USCIS site, my heart just seemed to stop and turn 

iPhone inbox

iPhone inbox

180 degrees around! I never have felt so much jubilation as when I saw that notice! I stopped right then and sent Alison a text (I started to cal her but her cell has been going south for a while now and the battery goes very fast on voice calls unless she is plugged into the charger. Here’s the text I did send, excuse the French ;)Text i sent to sent to Alison to tell her the news

 

 Those few minutes of texting and then her trying to call and speak were like something I hvae never experienced before, both of us jumping up and down likely and telling everyyone who would listen! well everyone knows how badly we wanted this day to come,andnow its here and soon when she is called to go to the embassy there, she will have her visa to come! :) We will have our Christmas together this year! :-) 

You know its seemed like an eternity waiting for this thing to be approved, and looking back now its was just 3 months, well i say just… to us it seeemd so much longer. From what i have seen though the average waitign time now is close to 10 to 13 months and I was so down we wpuld end up seeing another year go by, but somehow God and our angels pulled off another one and made us even happier than we have been :)  But its nothing will compare to that day she gets off the plane here and I hold her in my arms and knowing its for good! Love you baby! XXX

7 comments:

Alison said...

You said it all for me my Love, I havent came down from that cloud yet, what a feeling it was to get that approval, I really was ready to hear that answer after those last few months of feeling so miserable and being in a kind of limbo not knowing exactly how long we would have to wait, well we know now it shouldnt be that long before I get my interview and things could move so fast, a million things to organise now but knowing whats at the end of it all will be just all worthwhile , no more having to say goodbye at the end of wonderful holidays , your bride to be is on her way soon , I love you x x x x x

Anonymous said...

Great news for you both. Nothing was likely to stop you anyway. What is meant to be will be.Plain sailing from now on. All except the packing Alison! Don't envy you that job. Three times in the last two years was enough for me.You don't really need that much. One suitcase plus your heart, patience and sense of humour.

Keep smiling both of you, the gods are with you
LoL Morven

Alison said...

Thanks Morven
yes you sure know how it is to be re-locating as you have made a few changes of house and country , and having 3 young ones to think about wasnt easy for you was it !
You are right nothing would have stopped me joining Chester I know that from the bottom of my heart.
Thanks for posting ,speak again soon.

garazon said...

Hi Morven!
Your're right, Nothinng was going to stop us from finding a way to be together, but this was all meant to be and was going to happen :) Oh i agree 100% with you, eart , patirnce and a sense of humour is all any of us need in this world. I have to laugh a bit at the thought of jst one sitcase, well not that more is needed with those three things already mentioned, but if you had seen Alison's ONE red suitcase the day she headed back to Cyrpus from here, it was holding what should have took TWO! LOL we had a time with that at the airprot but as you say, whats menat to be will be and it all worked out then, it will work out even better very soon!
Thanks for posting Morven! yes speak again soon!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to read exactly how you, Alison, felt back in September as I feel now. We got our email yesterday....that our fiance application was approved....Yippee! Now I'm nervous as never before. Would love to hear the journey from the approval point to today! Please post how long it took to hear from the consulate and what the interview was like/what they asked? Do you have your visa now?

Paula

Alison said...

Hi Pola

yes I have my visa and I am here in USA ,I am now awaiting adjustment of status to Permanent , we are already married as thats the requirement once you enter US to be legally married within 90 days , we would h ave married from day one but of course needed to plan a special day , which we did and enjoyed every minute of it.
Once the 129 was approved we only waited a matter of weeks before we got more instructions from the embassy which in my case was in Nicosia /Cyprus as thats where I had been living for 24 years ,but I am British by Birth,
The embassy required numerous things to be completed before they sent me an interview date ,so it was up to me how fast I obtained what they wanted , ie. a medical , police clearence , and the usual certificates like birth , death or whatever is relevant for you .
The interview itself was so very simple ,nothing like I really expected , a few easy basic questions about our relationship and that was it, over in less than 10 minutes, I think if its a pretty straighforward case and they feel you are a genuine couple and not trying to have a marriage of convenience then its usually all sorted very quick.
We have another site which we have documented more of our story if you feel to take a look, the address is :http://www.garazon.com/

We wish you all the best for your future together and if you are as happy as we are then it will be perfect , keep us updated we would love to share your happiness. Good Luck ( :

Anonymous said...

Alison,

Thanks for your reply. It helps so very much to hear the journey of others. I will definately keep you posted. :)

Paula