Sunday, August 19, 2007

The List!

Well I keep meaning to make a list of the things I need to have for my trip coming up in October, and haven't done one yet... well that's not true.. I made a short one a couple of weeks ago, but guess what? Can't remember where I saved it on the pc! lol So I think I will be better off to make one here where I know I will see it often. ;) and of course anyone feel free to add something they think I might have missed... ok for the ladies out there keep in mind guys really aren't in to packing a complete wardrobe for entire season so the clothing list will be right short! lol See guys think more on the lines of their toys... cameras, video recorders, cables, memory cards .. that sort of thing.. if we need something to wear we go find a Dollar store or a Walmart! lol Hope they have something similar in Cyprus!
ok on with the list... lists I should say. One for things to take and one for things to do ;)

Things to pack...

  1. Passport
  2. Tickets!!
  3. Clothes... assorted... lol
  4. Camera
  5. Camera charger, cables, memory cards
  6. USB card reader
  7. Camera 2
  8. Video Camera and cables, charger
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. Red Thong? LOL

Things to do:

  1. Check on Health insurance
  2. Prescriptions
  3. Dramamine!!!!
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. ?

well I know I will add some things to this as I go and I'm sure I have forgotten something.. well long as I have the passport and tickets, my Visa Debit card will get me the rest!! ;)

2 comments:

Mike said...

I've been wondering about the smart card media, if it will be harmed by going thru the xray, or if you should leave those in the baggage. I think I'd want to carry my camera with me. I'm still planning on a trip during the fall and guess I need to research that.

I bought three extra 1GB cards at WalMart here a month or so ago, they were fifteen bucks each! Wished I had just taken the entire display to the checkout because at the time I figured the reduction in price was a portent that the prices for that media are going down, but it was just that, a sale, and the darn things are still fairly expensive.

Collee always bragged on her thumb drive and how it helped her so I bought a nice one but haven't used it yet, not even opened up out of the pkg. She takes hers to her work to run some programs but I don't have that need.

I'm looking for an mp3 player that takes those.

garazon said...

Hi Mike! You know I've checked online to find about that too and from everything I have read it seems the machines dont harm digital media, and and even some tests using those magnetic wands and such don't seem to affect them either. Well I know Alison took hers back in her carry on and she never mentioned anything of any of the images being damaged or altered when she got home. I want to take mine along as well with me when I go... (in 44 days now!! :) YEA!!) And I plan to put all mine in the carry on, I don't mind losing a few clothes if my luggage goes missing, but I have too much money in my gadgets! lol Plus being my first plane trip, I want to have it nearby too.

I only have the one 1gb card to take and will take my usb card reader as it should just plug in and work on Alison's pc and I can ftp all my pics to my web space since she has dsl too, so I wont have to worry of having a bunch of cards anyway. So I'm fortunate in that respect, having a place to stay that has a pc and dsl too.. and a Beautiful Brit! ;) so I dont have to worry of losing my pics.. and she will have them on her pc as well should something go wrong with my site..

I can't remember the name of it, but Alison brought an mp3 player along that actually is a usb storage device in itself which I thought was neat. And it gave her a few hours of music to listen to on the flight over as well.

Thanks for posting Mike! We appreciate ya!