Sunday, October 21, 2007

Back in the USA

Well I finally made it back a day late. My first flight was delayed for a couple of hours, and they wound up having to shuttle us to another airport to catch a larger plane for some reason. So that made me miss my connecting flight. I finally managed to get some new flights and the airline put me up in a hotel for the night, which was nice but I was very anxious to be in a strange place all by myself. They did take care of me and I had transportation to and from the hotel. Caught my new flight the next morning and was back on my way. I wound up going to Newark and then another flight to Norfolk. which actually as far as the flying time it was less than the flight over. Finally made it back in the door to my house about 36 hours after leaving Alison's house on Friday morning :( It's worn me out and I was in bed not long after getting home.

I have a lot of stories to tell when I get some energy to sit and think clear and write. The one thing I can say right off is that even if we have some nice airports and all the latest technology, the US has some of the rudest airport workers than any place I have been. Actually the Brits were the most helpful of anyone even if they have a maze for an airport at Gatwick! Well the dutch were ok too, just they weren't as visible as the Brits were.

My body is still on Cyprus time I think, I'm feeling so sleepy at the moment but am trying to stay up long as I can to get adjusted as I go back to work on Tuesday. My boss was nice and gave me a couple more days! Thank goodness, even though I was up and awake early this morning I feel drained still. I've got all the pics uploaded but not all labeled yet. I had a wonderful time, well I was sure I would, just being with Alison was all I wanted. there was lots to see and I'm sure Alison is glad to be getting a break from me dragging her around almost every day to see more "rocks" ! ;)

Well I will try and post tomorrow and give you all some details. I'm just going to take it easy today and try and get back on schedule. It was nice in a way coming through customs at Newark to be greeted by an American saying "Welcome Back" , but my heart is still in Cyprus. Wish I was there now.

1 comments:

Alison said...

My love you can drag me around rocks anytime you want to ! ....as long as you are holding my hand so I dont go falling ; )
I had the most wonderful time having you here close, Missing you so much wishing you were back .....love you.