Sunday, October 07, 2007

Cyprus Trip!

Update 5
Thursday- WOW my last night in Cyprus and I finally found a Miller beer!! Would have preferred a Miller Lite but hey I'm over the moon with the regular! ;) I've tried the local Keo beer and its ok, the next biggest one here is Carlsburg which I really dont care for either, but I'm not a big beer drinker anyway. Anyway I'm glad to have run across the Miller at the nearby Carrefour store. Its really an eyeopener going to shop in a country foreign to me. I'll speak more of all the experiences later.

I've had a fabulous time the last 4 days. We went on Monday to Paphos and I have tons of pics on my camera from the archealogical sites we went, and some breathtaking views of the sea and mountains. I'm having trouble getting them from the card to Alison's pc so I'll have to wait until i get back to the US to put them online.

We're going out to eat tonight for my last time here in Cyprus. I really am going to hate to get on that plane in the morning. :( I would have never thought in a million years I would have ever been anywhere out of the country, but God works in wonderful ways and I'm so happy now to be here and to be in love. :) Will try to update once more before I leave, but if not I'll see you all when I get back tomorrow night. hope Jan remembers to pick me up! LOL


Update 4 Sat and Sun Saturday went to Governors Beach in Limassol and had a very relaxing afternoon. I couldn't believe how clear the water was. Standing with the sea up to my neck I could see my feet! You cant even manage seeing a couple of inches in the water there at home in NC! The water temps were lovely too, It was a wonderful afternoon doing nothing!
In the evening we wnet out to eat at the Pizza Express which from the sound of it is nothing like you would see in the US. Quite a fancy menu and live entertainment on the weekends. Still havent found a Miller Lite anywhere yet though! ;)

Sunday we rode to Vouni Village and had lunch at one of the local tavernas, Taxis, with George and Agneta... it was very nice and quite a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. Of course the wine here is making everywhere relaxed! Afterwards it was back to Agneta's for a coffee and another wine and to meet up with more friends of Alison, Allyson and Marios, and Thereza and Andros. Of course they were all seemingly so familiar already as I ahve seen their photos so many times since meeting Alison and hearing of all the get togethers, I felt very comfortable every minute as if I had been here before.

Heading off for a couple of day now, Monday and Tuesday, to go to Paphos for another holiday within a holiday! Thanks to Alison's mam and dad!! :)

Update 3 Friday
Another wonderful day, we stayed near home today to just rest up and relax. Finally now getting adjusted to the time, ran out to a few shops off and on. Had a lovely dinner, the food here is wonderful. I've even tried Kalimari now! hey I liked it! :) Spent a nice evening in the garden and meeting Frosso was winderful. Having a bit of trouble these last two days with the internet being slow so I havent got all the pics uploaded. Tomorrow is going to be another rest day, a trip to the beach and sit in the sun and a dip in the sea. :)

Update 2 Thursday Had a wonderful day doing the tourist thing, started with a visit to Curium and then the Kolosi and Limassol Castles the photos are here http://picasaweb.google.com/garazon/Day1Cyprus

Got a real education on cypriot traffic and driving too! LOL It's crazy!!!

Ended the evening with a brandy and coke and JM's wonderful chicken kabobs on the grill!
off today to a mountain village, will post later

UPDATE!!! :)

I'm in Cyprus!!! YEA!!! I love flying! Oh it is one long trip and very tiring but worth every minute! I crashed right out after we got back from the airport but agood nights sleep has me feeling good and we will be off to explore after coffee and breakfast!

:) Almost out the door now to the airport!

Doing some last minute things now, just some odds and ends and waiting impatiently for the time to pass! I'm so excited now I can't stand it! I'm going to post the pics as often as I can to share with everyone and use this site to keep in touch, so drop in from time to time and check back for anything new and just to say hi. I dont know that I'll take too much time to post much other than the pics for now, but if anything comes up we'll put it here. See you guys when I'm in Cyprus! :) Maybe Alison can add some updates until then

love and best wishes to all,
Chester & Alison

Travel Itinerary
all times are local to the cities of arrival and departure


Flight 1: Northwest Airlines flight 1447 (Non-Stop)
Depart: Norfolk , VA (ORF) - Terminal Information Unavailable
' Mon, Oct 08 at 4:15pm
Arrive: Detroit , MI (DTW) - E.M. MCNAMARA TERMINAL
' Mon, Oct 08 at 6:12pm

Flight 2: Northwest Airlines flight 32 (Non-Stop)
Depart: Detroit , MI (DTW) - E.M. MCNAMARA TERMINAL
' Mon, Oct 08 at 9:25pm
Arrive: London Gatwick , UK (LGW) - SOUTH TERMINAL
' Tue, Oct 09 at 10:05am

Flight 3: British Airways flight 6844 operated by GB AIRWAYS LTD (Non-Stop)
Depart: London Gatwick , UK (LGW) - NORTH TERMINAL
' Tue, Oct 09 at 1:15pm
Arrive: Paphos , Cyprus (PFO) - Terminal Information Unavailable
' Tue, Oct 09 at 7:40pm
______________________________________________________

Flight: KLM Airlines flight 3398 operated by CYPRUS AIRWAYS LTD
(Non-Stop)
Depart: Paphos , Cyprus (PFO) - Terminal Information Unavailable
' Fri, Oct 19 at 10:20am
Arrive: Amsterdam , Netherlands (AMS) - Terminal Information Unavailable
' Fri, Oct 19 at 1:40pm

Flight: Northwest Airlines flight 55 (Non-Stop)
Depart: Amsterdam , Netherlands (AMS) - Terminal Information Unavailable
' Fri, Oct 19 at 3:35pm
Arrive: Minneapolis/St Paul, MN (MSP) - LINDBERGH TERMINAL
' Fri, Oct 19 at 5:40pm

Flight: Northwest Airlines flight 2808 operated by NORTHWEST AIRLINK
(Non-Stop)
Depart: Minneapolis/St Paul, MN (MSP) - LINDBERGH TERMINAL
' Fri, Oct 19 at 7:08pm
Arrive: Norfolk , VA (ORF) - Terminal Information Unavailable
' Fri, Oct 19 at 10:58pm

20 comments:

Mike said...

Oh no, you can't leave yet.

The countdown still says "2 Days".

garazon said...

Try and stop me! ;) LOL

I know I should have had 2 counters, one to the day I leave the other to the day I am in her arms! well i opted for the most important one! ;)
It is a long trip I should have posted the itinerary, and may just go ahead and put that in. I think the toal time between flying and layovers is around 22 hours so it will be Tuesday before i get there :( but worth every minute of it! :) Got the suitcase all packed and evrything ready, my sister-in-law is going to drive me so just counting the hours now really. I'm sure I'll be back once or twice before I go to post something. See ya soon!

Mike said...

Welcome Back, Big -G- !!!

Have been checking in, reading, need to catch up on the photos.

Anonymous said...

hi hope u enjoyed ur holiday there were some really nice pics. Made me miss the beach though when I saw Curioum!!! and my car!!

garazon said...

Hi Natalie! :)
Oh we had a wonderful time! Wish I was still there, I hated leaving! Your mom can tell you how amazed I was with the sea and how beautiful it was. I can see why you would be missing the beach. And your car too! ;) It's a great little car and went all over the place.I took photos of it too everywhere we went almost! I probably have enough pics to give it its own folder! lol
Thanks for posting, so nice to hear from you. Take care and we'll speak soon
Chester

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, what wonderful pics! I can imagine you had a great time, Chester. John also loved the island when he first visited. I've never seen Alison look so happy and radiant - you're doing something right ;o))Couldn't happen to a lovlier gal! I'm so happy for you Alison!

Hugs
Alex & John

garazon said...

Hi Alex and John! Great to see you back again! Oh I had the greatest time of my life in Cyprus! Its beautiful, not to mention the most wonderful woman in the world lives there! :) We have been truly blessed having found each other, or more to the truth being brought together! :) And Alison's doing something right too! Do you see my radiance!! LOL
Take care and speak again soon
love from Chester & Alison

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison and Chester,
I´ve just been browsing through your blog. It´s been really nice and interesting. I am so happy for you both. It makes me feel like singing "Love is in the Air". One day I will get my act together and have my own space HOPEFULLY. By the way Churchill seems to be on the same diet as me.
Have a lovely Christmas and a spectacular new year.
BEV Feliz Navidad!

Alison said...

Hi again Bev and family , Happy Christmas, did you have a good one ,I hope so , hurry up and get your space started or a blog! I am so looking forward to seeing all your news posted, hope you got lots of nice presents and no bags of cinders like you used to get ...lol, speak soon
All the best for the coming New year 2008
Love from Both Me and Chester x x x

Mike said...

I've not visited in a while and I don't even feel guilty about it. I've found it a chore to put anything on my own blog here lately, so I've just been popping in now 'n then.

Great photos, would love to visit that area of the world.

Hope you both have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

To Chester and Alison,

Firstly Chester, thank you for bringing the sparkle back into Alison's Life. I have heard so much about you that I feel like I know you already. I have only known Alsion a few years but she is just floating every minute of every day and I know that being apart from you is so hard on her. To my darling friend Alison, I could not be happier for you and I know in my heart that you will be happy and that you have found your soul mate. I cannot express in words, but suffice to say I wish you both all the happeiness in the world. I hope that one day I will find the love, passion and happiness that you have. God bless you both
Paula
xxxxxxxxx

garazon said...

Hi Paula! :) Thank you sooo much for posting! Oh I feel I know all of you there too as I have heard so much about you all! It is truly amazing how much sparkle has been brought to the both of us, this was a match made in heaven and I am the happiest man in the world being loved by Alison Michelle! I do wish you the very best and I know you will find the love and passion and happiness that you deserve. God bless you too and thank you again so very much for your post, it means the world to us to have such wonderful friends, from all over the world! :) Take care Paula, love and best wishes
Chester

Anonymous said...

Hi Chester, sorry we never got to meet you when you were over ,but you sound great from what Alison tells me !!! and you make her very happy ....by the way....Im the one who reveives all the romantic messages that are really meant for you , but Alison hits the wrong button on the mobil..!!!! never mind I like reading them anyhow first t hing in the morning !!
At lasyt I got to see the 3A's video ....great stuff ..Thanks for doing it....
Hope I get to meet you soon before you take my friend away,
best wishes from one of the 3A'S

Alison
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Chester,

This is Anne, pleased to have spoken to you last week but would really have liked to meet you in person. I am really glad you enjoyed your visit to Cyprus, there is so much to see. I smiled when you mention Governs Beach. A few years ago my friends and I came upon this by mistake. Then there was no grass area just a dirt track, and the resturant was just a little shack, the chickens were running round free and the toilets, well you had to see them. We stopped to eat, and thought maybe that was a big mistake!!!! The salad was served in washing bowls!!!! But what can I say what a great meal we had and have favoured this spot each time we come over, even though changes have been made.

Alison has told me of her time in the USA, she really enjoyed her visit there.

I wish you both health and happiness in your realtionship, maybe some day we will meet, as I know over the years Alison and I have remained good friends, more like family, and would welcome your friendship also.

Take care Chester, say hello to your Mom...

Luv Anne

p.s I hope you know what you asre letting yourself in for..... LOL.......

garazon said...

Hi Anne~ Oh thank you so much for posting! yes it was wonderful to speak last week, and I do wish so much we had met already. and I know we will at some point in the not so distant future! :) I really want to come back to cyprus and want to visit Geordie land too, so there is no doubt we will be meeting in the future. :)
lol well i think I know what I am letting myself in for... Oh tthere's no doubt of it, I have felt it from our very first hello that I have known her all my lofe, and that I have loved her all my life, this was destiny, arranged on high and I am the happiest and most blessed man in the world to be loved by Aliosn mou! Take care ands please stay in touch! Have a nice Easter weekend and a nice rest of your holiday, tell my baby I love her! :) take care and speak soon
luv Chester x

Anonymous said...

Hi Chester

Anne again. Well I'm ready for the off now, back to old blighty!!!
to face the rain and cold weather, a far cry fron the lovely bright days here in Cyprus.

I feel of the last two weeks I have go to know you well, all the talking we have done about you and Alison. I hope to keep in touch, I must brush up on my PC skills though!!!!

Hopefully manage to visit the old US of A when you both finally get married.

Well Chester, must sign off now, take care and say Hi to your Mom. Wishing you well,

Luv Anne

garazon said...

Hi Anne!
Hoping you had a nice trip back, i know full well how hard it was to leave that beutiful island and our Cyprus Angel too! :) from speaking to Alison all this time I feel I have got to know you right well too and do hope you will keep in touch, feel free anytime to leave us a post or to drop a line if you feel to, Alison can give you my email or I'm sure its round about here on one of these sites of ours. Take care and do keep in touch

luv Chester

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.